When people visit your home, they will most often come up the driveway. While many people opt for basic poured concrete or asphalt, interlocking pavers can also be used to build a long-lasting and attractive driveway.
The process of building a driveway will begin with clearing and leveling the ground, then the addition of gravel, and finally the installation of the top surface. We can take care of your driveway needs, from the beginning phase to the end, whether you choose classic pavement or interlocking pavers.
If you need your existing driveway resurfaced, whether you are replacing it due to damage, or if you simply want something new and different, we can take care of that too.
There are a number of important steps that must be followed in order to ensure that your driveway will be functional, attractive, and stand the test of time, not to mention the wear and tear that comes from constantly driving on it.
Our driveway paving process
- If there is already a concrete or asphalt driveway in place, we will break it up and dispose of it.
- If there was not a driveway, we will create a base for one. If there was, we will check it to see if there are any areas damaged by weather or vehicles driving on it.
- A new base for the driveway will be constructed, using layers of crushed up stone.
- We will allow the stone to settle, and then begin paving, using an asphalt spreader.
- We will use a roller to compact the stone base.
- We will add more crushed up stone, and then roll it again.
- We will begin paving, using high quality asphalt, ensuring that it is even and smooth.